« ZurückWeiter »
nally, in 1727, only 111,000l. It was emergency, for the support of public and
From SOUTH CAROLINA.
From RHODE ISLAND.
De Nutrimine Fætus Humani.
De ufu & effe&tu Aerio puri in Corpus Humanum,
De Inflammatione Pneumonica.
De Dentitione morbisque ex ea pendentibus.
De Teftium Tumore.
his plantations in the counties of A. ple who knew me before she did. I'll have berdeen, Banff, and Müray, amounting revenge of her and her gallopper, if jul to $7224,951 trees :-and the Society ado tice is to be got from Fudge or Fury. judged a lilver medal to Professor Ross,
his of King's College, Aberdeen, for Oba
June 6, 1788.
-ment of foot, to Miss Eliz. Grant, daugh" Whereas Ann Molloy, alias Hinton, ter of John Grant, Efq; late Commiffary my wife, has abfconded from my lawful in New York. bed with Phil. M‘Nemata, a bandy leg- June 2. Mr Geo. Brown, mercht. in ged itinerant dancing-master, whose only Glasgow, to Miss Mary Anderson-Barce powers are confined to the Irish jig, or lay, daughter of the late Mr Robert AnRiuke Monteeun-- caution the public a. derfon, merchant in Glafgow. gainst giving her fxpence worib on my Lately, at London, George Oaks, Efog account, as I'll never pay it, on account a captain in the Royal navy, to Miss of her leaving me and my poor child Crawford, daughter of Quinton Crawwithout cause, as the neighbours can tell, ford, Esq;
Robert Aberdeen Efq; of Lower dradour, danghter of John Campbello
10. At Milncraig in Rofs-hire, Mrs
Mr John Smith merchant in Glas, land Regiment.
9. At Carmyle, Mr William William- 1.11. Ac Hawkhill. Capt. Gideon John Son merchant in Glasgow, to Miss Jean fone, of the Royal Navy Mackenzie, daughter of Mr John Mack- 12. Louis Duke of Brunswick, fudo cnzie late mercliaut in Glasgow. denly, at his palace at Lyfenach, in the
70th yearl of his age. BIRTHS.
15. At Thoranean, near Kinross, Ane June - The Countess of Eglinton, of drew forn, Efo: mucb regretted. a daughter.
SAt Greenheasi, in an advanced age, 12. At London, the Hon. Mrs Keith. Mrs Elisabeth Carmichael, daughter of Llphinftone, of a daughter.
the late Mi Gerthom Carinichael, Pros 11. Mrs Burnet of Elrick, of a daugher fessor of Moral Philofophy in the Uriter.
versity of Glasgow DEATHS.
20. At Edinburgh, Gen. John House April 18. At Paris, George Le Clero, ton, in the service of the States of HolCount de Buffon, Lord of Montbatt, land. Marquis of Rougemont, Vise.of Quincy, 21. at Dundee, Mr James Anderlca Intendant of the King's gardens and ca- writer there. binets of natural history, Member of the 31. At Elgin, Miss M. Innes, daughFrench Academy of Sciences; Fellow of ter of the deceased, Sir Harry Innes, of the Royal Society of London, and of the Innes, Bt. Royal and Literary Societies of Berlin, June 4. At Marlborough, Sirj.Lindsay, Peterlautgh, Bologna, Florence, Edin- Knight of the Bath, Rear-Admiral of the burgh, Philadelphia, Dijon, &c. He was: Red, and nephew to Lord Mansfield. one of the most elegant writers in France ro. Ai Elinburgh, Mrs Murray, Tes in point of ftile; a man of uncommon liet of the decealed William Drummond genius, and surprising eloquence. The of Callander, Esq; most aftonishing interpreter of nature 10. Mrs Anne Forth, relict of the rev. that perhaps ever exifted ; tre might have De GeoKay, formerly one of the minifaid, je ne dois qui' a moi feul toute ma re- fters of this city., nom mee. Pofterity will certainly place 11. Mr Robert Cumming, Profesor him amongst the greateft men that have of church history in the Univerlity of E: adorned Lewis the XIVih's age. He was dinl:-ch. buried at St Medard.
13. The rev. Mr John Chiefly, mini19. Mifs Marg. Johnston, daughter of ster of Corstorphin, Mr Johnston at Lathrisk.
16. At his house in Princes Street, the 20. At Kirkness, Mrs Helen Douglas, rev. Doctor Brysdale, one of the mm of Kirkness.
fers of the Tron Church, Edinburgh ; 21. At Dundee, in the goth year of Dean of the Chapel Royal, and principal his age, Mr Jahn Dobson merchant. Clerk of the Church of Scotland.
21. Mrs Hay, wife to Mr John Hay 15. At his houfe in Canongate, Wik accomptant in Edinburgh
liam Thomion, Efq; late of St Kiers, 22. William M.Dowail, Esq; of Gate- 16. At Mains of Murthle, Mr Robert hill, accomptant in the Bank of Scot- Brand of Murthle, formerly ferchant in land's office at Dumfries.
Aberdeen. 24. Mr Robert Beaumont, fon of Mr 16. John Falconer, Efq; of Urn. Charles Beautiont, in the 15th year of 17. At Lanark, Mr John Weir, late
furgeon of the Royal Navy, and one of 28. Miss Jemima Rachel Drummond, the
present bailies of the burgh of Lanark, youngest daughter of James Druinmond 18. At his house in Nicolson-Street, is of Perth, Efq; at Drummond-Caftle. the 75th year of his age, and the 48th
May 6. Ac Odiham, Hampshire, Mr of his ministry, the rev. Mr Adam Gib, George Dundas, writer.
minister of the affociate congregation, E. 8. At Edradour, Mss Balbeavis of Edinburgh.
For Vol. VII.
Diftillers in Scotland, Appendix, 13, 13
79 Declaratory bill A. 35, 38, 39
197 13; 16, 34, 53.
358 Education, remarkable establishment
3 Examinations, new guide to
6, 327 Fifhes, effects of heat and cold on
the respiration of
313 Guise, Duke of, his marriage, 223
43 Hunter on the stricture and anatomy
269 Hope, H. Efq; hints for regulating
393 Hastings' trial,
441 Hyder Aly Kawn, account of 293
account of the Jack Ketch of London, ftory of
MH Instinct of animals, observations on
anecdotes of the
-Description of the Ife of
A, 18, 38
to fociety, 1:
9 Spanish Aocks, method of managing
285 Salmon-fishery, letter concerning the 241
416 Slave trade, thoughts on the 410
25 top of,
61, 143, 443, 297, 381
77 Times and Seasons, talent for discern-
444 Ton, or Follies of falhion,
inhabitants of America, 52, 82, 167
-, remarks on s
73 Whitby, disaster at
-Anecdotes of 424 William the Conqueror, funeral of 210
Frederic the Great