American Civilization: An Introduction
This third edition has been extensively revised and contains:
* integration of the multicultural aspects of America
* material on the South, and the African-American and Latino populations
* integration of material on women throughout the text
* an updated mass media chapter with more on I.T., the internet and globalization
* a chronology illustrating the major events in all topics covered
* a combined chapter on the state, local government and the political system
* full coverage of the 'frontier' concept
* more material on attitudes to the death penalty, gun control etc
* completely updated illustrations.
Was andere dazu sagen - Rezension schreiben
Es wurden keine Rezensionen gefunden.
Cultural regions in the contemporary US
Where do we go from here?
women and minorities
The legal system
The arts sports and leisure
Andere Ausgaben - Alle anzeigen
activities Amendment American areas arts Asian authorities became become cent century changes churches cities citizens civil colonies communities Congress Constitution continued created culture decisions Democratic developed districts early economic effect election equal established ethnic European executive federal federal government foreign forms give grants groups House immigrants important increased independent Indian individual industrial influence institutions interest involved land later Latinos legislation levels limited live majority million minority Native organizations party period person political poll popular population President problems produce programmes protect region religion religious Representatives result schools Security Senate social society South Supreme Court television tion traditional unions United University vote welfare women York
Alle Ergebnisse von Google Books »
The Twilight of Britain: Cultural Nationalism, Multiculturalism, and the ...
G. Gordon Betts