The Routledge Anthology of Renaissance Drama
This anthology offers a full introduction to Renaissance theatre in its historical and political context, along with newly edited and thoroughly annotated texts of the following plays:
* The Spanish Tragedy (Thomas Kyd)
* Arden of Faversham (Anon.)
* Edward II (Christopher Marlowe)
* A Woman Killed with Kindness (Thomas Heywood)
* The Tragedy of Mariam (Elizabeth Cary)
* The Masque of Blackness (Ben Jonson)
* The Knight of the Burning Pestle (Francis Beaumont)
* Epicoene, or the Silent Woman (Ben Jonson)
* The Roaring Girl (Thomas Middleton & Thomas Dekker)
* The Changeling (Thomas Middleton & William Rowley)
* 'Tis Pity She's a Whore (John Ford).
Each play is prefaced by an introductory headnote discussing the thematic focus of the play and its textual history, and is cross-referenced to other plays of the period that relate thematically and generically.
An accompanying website contains a wide selection of contextual documents which supplement the anthology: www.routledge.com/textbooks/0415187346
Was andere dazu sagen - Rezension schreiben
Es wurden keine Rezensionen gefunden.
Andere Ausgaben - Alle anzeigen
ALICE ANNE Arden BALTHAZAR BELIMPERIA BLACK blood brother Cambridge CITIZEN CLERIMONT comes court death doth Drama early EDWARD Elizabethan England English Enter Exeunt Exit eyes face fair father fear follow fortune FRANKFORD FRANKLIN Gaveston George give gone GREENE hand hast hath head hear heart heaven HEROD HIERONIMO honour hope Horatio husband I’ll ISABELLA JASPER John KENT kill kind King knight lady LANCASTER leave letter live London look lord LORENZO Mariam Master mean MERRYTHOUGHT MICHAEL mind Mistress MORTIMER JUNIOR MOSBY murder never NICK ofthe once play poor prince Queen Rafe Renaissance revenge SALOME scene SHAKEBAG sing SIR CHARLES soul speak SPENCER stand stay SUSAN sweet tell theatre thee thou thought Tragedy TRUEWIT University Press unto WARWICK WENDOLL WIFE Woman